Saturday, October 03, 2009

Adding Labels

Now that we're down to less than two weeks until Midnight Madness, I'm running out of time to do some housekeeping before I'll be too busy with daily posting. I've done a few housekeeping activities this summer and early fall, and now I'm going to attempt one more: labels. I know that most other blogs added labels sometime around 2004, but I had avoided labels because with the number of players and teams that I talk about it would just be daunting to keep track of all of them.

So with that in mind, I'm going to try to be pretty conservative with these. I'll add labels for team names if I talk extensively about a team in a post, as well as for conferences if I can fit them (blogger seems to have a max of 10 labels - made up of a maximum of 200 characters - per post, which means that conference labels will get chopped off if they don't fit). The BP65 posts will, for the time being, just be labeled "BP65", since I can't possibly label the 100+ teams I generally mention.

We'll see how this goes, and if I don't like it then I'll trash it. But for the time being, you can read about your favorite team and/or conference by following the tag links on the right side of the page. At the very least, I'll get a good sense of whether I'm talking about one team or conference too much...

No comments: