Friday, December 24, 2010

Renardo Sidney Is Done

I've been making jokes about how much of a mess the Renardo Sidney situation has gotten at Mississippi State. Two days ago I said that "I don't see how Mississippi State fans can count on anything from him for the rest of the season - any positive play and/or attitude improvement has to be seen as a luxury at this point." Well, they're not likely going to get much of that luxury.

Just a few days ater Sidney was suspended for a game for a fight in practice, Sidney got into a brawl in the stands in Hawaii in front of ESPN's cameras and the entire world. Coaches can paper over fights in practices by hiding them from the media, but there's no way to hide what Sidney did on cameras in front of everybody. And how stupid does that kid have to be to do that?

Even if you personally root against Mississippi State, this should make you very sad. To see a kid with so much raw talent throw it away with his immaturity and stupidity...

1 comment:

Justin said...

That Renardo Sidney fight was very interesting. I dont think I ever did hear or get to the bottom of how the fight originated. I knew that he sat out last year due to elgibility issues and that apparently Miss. St had used alot of resources to get him eligible and then he got suspended with that fight during practice. He comes back one game and then gets into another fight in front of America and worse than that, it was with a teammate. I'm all about giving people second chances but irritates me when people abuse their second opportunites.