Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Labels Will Stay For Now

As I said in this post 11 days ago, I've begun adding labels to my posts. There is a tag cloud now on the right side of the page where people can click on their favorite team and find what I've written about that team. I can't label everything in my posts, because google limits me to ten tags per post. So during the conference previews, for example, I've got to just choose whichever teams I mention the most in the post - although the conferences previewed are always mentioned in the labels. All of the BP65 posts are just labeled as "BP65". So if you click on your team, your conference and "BP65", you should find just about every time I talk about your team for more than a sentence.


I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through the effort of putting labels on old posts, but it seems to be going fairly successfully so far. The number of page views per user has increased since the labels were added from about 1.5 to about 1.8-1.9. So that's a good reason to keep them.

It's a hassle going back and putting labels on old posts. I've worked my way back to February of 2008, and I'll keep working backwards as I have the time.

No comments: