Friday, October 16, 2009

Midnight Madness + Upcoming Schedule

Midnight Madness is going on as I type this post. ESPN has a general sum up of the evening thus far here. I enjoyed most the hero's welcome that John Calipari got at Kentucky. It's enjoyable, because the only question is whether we'll be juxtaposing this with Kentucky fans disavowing Calipari when his inevitable scandal happens.

Anyway, as I said here, Midnight Madness is somewhat overrated. Rarely ever does anything happen. So I'll talk instead about the upcoming schedule:

The next BP65 is the next event for this website, which will come out in the next few days (next Friday at the very latest). The next BP65 after that will be the W-17 BP65 (yes, only 17 weeks to Selection Sunday), and that will be out on Sunday, November 15th.

Exhibition games begin about a week from now for some teams. I give vague dates because I haven't been able to get exhibition schedules for all of the teams. I'll probably comment on a few exhibition games, but in general they just aren't that important.

The first games that count will be at the Coaches vs Cancer Classic. That tournament begins on November 9th, which is three weeks from this coming Monday. I'll have some previews of the early regular season games as we get closer to them.

So posting will still be somewhat light for the next couple of weeks. The regular season of (nearly) daily posting will begin some time during the first week of November. Should be a great season ahead. And I look forward to great discussions with all of you as the season progresses.

No comments: