Friday, April 09, 2010

Tournament Projection Recap + More Previews

I just wanted to put up a quick post where I apologize for going nearly four full days without posting. I've been quite busy this week. But I will finish my 2010-11 previews on time, which means they'll all be out by Monday at the latest. I will be making another BP65, rather than a BP96, because I do think that we'll get at least one more year of the 65 team bracket... although it might just be wishful thinking, since the NCAA has been known to be able to screw up anything. To paraphrase one writer (can't remember his name) about the potential 96 team bracket: "As the old saying goes, if there's the complete opposite of anything wrong with something, you absolutely have to try to fix it."

At the very least I will have a 2010-11 preview for the Atlantic Ten, Colonial and Conference USA tonight. There will potentially be more, depending on how much I can get done.

One more note is that I felt the need to do a quick post mortem on my poor performance with the bracket this season. I picked all 63 games against the spread and finished 35-25-3. And my full bracket finished 90.9th percentile on ESPN. All in all my worst performance in a few years, but at least my readers probably made at least some money if they followed my advice. I do try my best to learn from my mistakes each year, and I expect to do better next season.

I hope you're all having a lovely Friday evening. I'll be back with at least one more post tonight.

1 comment:

James said...

I used your picks and came in 2nd in a rather large pool that allows picks at each weekend. I hesitated on your Butler/Mich. State pick because I thought Butler had the intangible tournment luck going and Mich. St., as good as it is, had some big injuries. If I had gone with Butler I would have won. But all in all I think your picks down the stretch were fantastic, especially the 3rd and 4th round picks.