Sunday, March 11, 2012

Complete 2012 NCAA Tournament Analysis

Alright folks. This will be the go-to page for all of my 2012 NCAA Tournament previews. You can click on last year's Tournament breakdown to get an idea of what is coming.

A bunch of the links at the bottom will not be live right away. It will take me a while to break down all the brackets. I will have a whole lot written Sunday night, and will hopefully pretty much finish Monday night. So please keep coming back as I update these posts. I'll keep a link to this post in the upper right hand corner of the homepage, so you won't have to bookmark this page - it'll always be here.

Throughout the Tournament I'll also break down the daily gambling lines. I've done it the last two seasons and been pretty good at it. Last season I went 40-26-1 against the spread. Please also join me for open thread posts for each day, as well as on twitter.

Below, I will post two different types of previews for you. First, three pieces of bracket advice. Second, I'll break down the full bracket:

Bracket Advice #1: Home Beasts vs Road Warriors
Bracket Advice #2: Lucky vs Overrated
Bracket Advice #3: Upsets To Pick

Complete Bracket Analysis
East
West
South
Midwest

Final Four

15 comments:

Alex said...

Your analysis on each matchup is outstanding, great stuff to look at before filling out a bracket! I can't wait for your S and MW regional analyses. PS, I'm a huge Syracuse fan but I'm nervous for our chances this year due to K. State, then Vandy or Wisc. and then Ohio St potentially! K. St. beat Baylor and Mizzou back to back away also!

Anonymous said...

keep it coming man, awesome analysis

Anonymous said...

keep it coming man, great analysis, i come here every year, love the work you do.

Jeff said...

Thanks guys. I do hope to have all of this done by the time I go to sleep tonight. Personal life has gotten in the way a bit today, so I wouldn't expect any more for at least another 2-3 hours. But hopefully it'll all be done and posted by the time everybody wakes up tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

Great job on your analysis. This is my third year checking out your picks. It really helps me get a broad perspective of the whole pool. When do you think youll have the Midwest done? It is not posted yet.

Jeff said...

Yeah, I wasn't able to get them done last night. Almost done, though. By the time the games start tonight I expect to have it all done.

Anonymous said...

Man I come back here every year to see what you have. Is there anyway to get the last braket done before 4pm CST? I have to turn mine in at that time and would love to at least see your picks.

Thanks,
T.J.

Jeff said...

It may or may not happen. Trying my best to balance putting these brackets together with the rest of my life. Check back at 3:30 to see how far along I've gotten.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeff,
I think you are right on with the Mid-west bracket. I have always been a Georgetown fan so I almost had them beatng Kansas, but you brought me back to reality. I appreciate you taking the time and finishing it up. I think I am going with UK vs. KU in the finals. And even though Calipari has always choked in the final I am going to UK for the win. Eventually Calipari will have to win one.

Sean said...

How do you think Syracuse losing Fab Melo for the tournament affects their chances at making a final four? Does Kansas State become a more formidable 2nd round opponent?

Anonymous said...

yikes wtf is Baylor doing

Anonymous said...

Baylor back in it, hopefully Wichita State can turn things around as well.

Anonymous said...

Anytime UConn makes a run, Iowa State comes right back firing, UConn ain't winning this one.

Anonymous said...

Best NCAA analysis ever. Great run in 2012! You have a lifetime fan.

Keep it up. You deserve to be on ESPN or CBS. You killed it this year.

Jeff said...

Thanks for the kind words! I try my best, and always enjoy talking with my readers.