Sunday, March 17, 2013

FINAL BP68

Alright, folks. Here is my final bracket. The last few spots in the Tournament are, more than ever, really subjective. How can you possibly objectively weigh Middle Tennessee vs Virginia? I have no idea.

Anyway, I'll just give you guys a few things to look forward to on the blog. Tonight I'll giving my first thoughts on the bracket, and then will begin my Tournament previews. I'll keep posting throughout the Tournament, and I'll have open threads and will also chat on twitter. I'll be a little bit harder to get in touch with during the second week when I'll be in Washington DC for the East Regionals, but I hope to be online for all of the games in the first weekend.

Looking forward to a great NCAA Tournament after a great season.

Here we go:

1. Indiana
1. GONZAGA (WCC)
1. LOUISVILLE (BIG EAST)
1. KANSAS (BIG 12)

2. Duke
2. MIAMI (FL) (ACC)
2. OHIO STATE (BIG TEN)
2. NEW MEXICO (MOUNTAIN WEST)

3. Michigan State
3. Georgetown
3. Kansas State
3. Florida

4. Syracuse
4. Michigan
4. St. Louis
4. Marquette

5. North Carolina
5. Wisconsin
5. Oklahoma State
5. MEMPHIS (CONFERENCE USA)

6. Arizona
6. Pittsburgh
6. UNLV
6. VCU

7. Notre Dame
7. OREGON (PAC-12)
7. Butler
7. Colorado State

8. Missouri
8. CREIGHTON (MVC)
8. UCLA
8. NC State

9. Cincinnati
9. San Diego State
9. Iowa State
9. Wichita State

10. Villanova
10. Illinois
10. Minnesota
10. Oklahoma

11. OLE MISS (SEC)
11. Temple
11. Colorado
11. Saint Mary's

12. Boise State
12. California
12. La Salle
12. Virginia
12. BELMONT (OVC)
12. AKRON (MAC)

13. BUCKNELL (PATRIOT)
13. VALPARAISO (HORIZON)
13. NEW MEXICO STATE (WAC)
13. SOUTH DAKOTA STATE (SUMMIT)

14. DAVIDSON (SOCON
14. MONTANA (BIG SKY)
14. PACIFIC (BIG WEST)
14. NORTHWESTERN STATE (SOUTHLAND)

15. HARVARD (IVY)
15. FLORIDA GULF COAST (ATLANTIC SUN)
15. IONA (MAAC)
15. ALBANY (AMEICA EAST)

16. WESTERN KENTUCKY (SUN BELT)
16. JAMES MADISON (COLONIAL)
16. LIU (NEC)
16. SOUTHERN (SWAC)
16. NORTH CAROLINA A&T (MEAC)
16. LIBERTY (BIG SOUTH)

If I misseed somebody on the bubble, these are the most likely teams:
Iowa, Southern Miss, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Middle Tennessee

Other more distant possibilities - that could possibly get a big but probably shouldn't:
Maryland, UMass, Baylor, Arizona State,  Louisiana Tech

No comments: