Saturday, April 18, 2009

Don't Go Away This Summer

So I am in the process of decompressing after all of those conference previews. But I will be back in a little while to begin posting again. Unlike previous years I'm going to try to keep a bit of posting up over the summer. I'll focus on recruiting news for a couple of reasons. First of all, this is probably one of the craziest summers we've ever seen for recruiting, with all of the big name coaches jumping schools. Nothing has been bigger than the Calipari move, which essentially blew up a Memphis recruiting class that had been called the best recruiting class anybody had seen in several years. But there are also individual cases, such as the peculiar case of John Wall, which even reached a new level recently when ESPN's Chad Ford suggested that he might be eligible for the NBA Draft this year (the general consensus, though, is that Ford misread the rules and that Wall is going to have to play a year of college ball).

I also want to talk about the 2010 and 2011 classes, which will develop a bit over the summer. I figure I should start talking more about upcoming recruiting classes since the decisions of the big recruits really do have such a big impact on future BP65s.

So stick around this summer and keep on reading, because I'll still be here. I'd appreciate your feedback as we go along to see whether you think I have anything interesting to say on these recruiting issues, or whether I provide information that is new to you. I don't want to just regurgitate what people are already reading on ESPN.com. I think that I generally provide a different viewpoint on issues than you read in other places, and hopefully I can keep that up with recruiting. So let me know what you think.

It was a great season, and I'm already looking forward to the 2009-10 college basketball season. I hope you are, too.

No comments: