Sunday, March 13, 2011

FINAL BP68

Alright, here it is: My final bracket. I've been writing my thoughts throughout the day here and here, but I'll summarize my last teams in quickly. In my opinion, the only teams I could possibly have incorrectly put in the field are Virginia Tech, Clemson, Georgia and VCU. I honestly would be shocked if Virginia Tech gets left out, and I'm pretty confident that Clemson and Georgia are in as well.

That last spot, in my opinion, comes down to VCU, Harvard, Saint Mary's and UAB. USC and Alabama can only get in if the Selection Committee completely ignores what they've done in the past, and just disregards the "body of work", since neither of them have total resumes that match up with the aforementioned four teams. I've made it clear that if I was in that Selection Committee room I'd pick Harvard. But I'm not, and I think Harvard get unjustly kept out. I ended up picking VCU, but not without much confidence. It could be any of those four teams. I think it's that last spot that is causing stress for everybody that put together a bracket this afternoon, so I don't feel alone.

Without further ado, my final bracket:

1. OHIO STATE (BIG TEN)
1. KANSAS (BIG 12)
1. DUKE (ACC)
1. Notre Dame

2. Pittsburgh
2. UCONN (BIG EAST)
2. North Carolina
2. SAN DIEGO STATE (MWC)

3. Syracuse
3. Purdue
3. KENTUCKY (SEC)
3. Texas

4. Louisville
4. BYU
4. Florida
4. Wisconsin

5. Arizona
5. St. John's
5. West Virginia
5. Georgetown

6. Cincinnati
6. Xavier
6. Texas A&M
6. Vanderbilt

7. OLD DOMINION (COLONIAL)
7. UNLV
7. Kansas State
7. RICHMOND (ATLANTIC 10)

8. Temple
8. Tennessee
8. WASHINGTON (PAC-10)
8. Michigan State

9. Villanova
9. George Mason
9. Marquette
9. Missouri

10. UCLA
10. UTAH STATE (WAC)
10. MEMPHIS (CONFERENCE USA)
10. Michigan

11. GONZAGA (WCC)
11. Penn State
11. Illinois
11. Florida State

12. Colorado
12. Virginia Tech
12. Georgia
12. Clemson
12. VCU
12. BUTLER (HORIZON)

13. BELMONT (ATLANTIC SUN)
13. OAKLAND (SUMMIT)
13. PRINCETON (IVY)
13. BUCKNELL (PATRIOT)

14. LIU (NEC)
14. INDIANA STATE (MVC)
14. MOREHEAD STATE (OVC)
14. WOFFORD (SOUTHERN)

15. ST. PETERS (MAAC)
15. AKRON (MAC)
15. BOSTON UNIVERSITY (AMERICA EAST)
15. NORTHERN COLORADO (BIG SKY)

16. UC-SANTA BARBARA (BIG WEST)
16. HAMPTON (MEAC)
16. UNC-ASHEVILLE (BIG SOUTH)
16. ARKANSAS-LITTLE ROCK (SUN BELT)
16. TEXAS-SAN ANTONIO (SOUTHLAND)
16. ALABAMA STATE (SWAC)

If I missed somebody on the bubble, these are the most likely teams:
Boston College, UAB, Harvard, USC, Alabama, Saint Mary's

Other more distant possibilities - that could possibly get a bid, but probably shouldn't:
Cleveland State, Missouri State, New Mexico

No comments: