Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary

It's now been two very good years here at Basketball Predictions. After very little attention during the first six to nine months, this website is now getting a ton of hits. Feel free to read back to last year's anniversary post, here. In it, I talk about how I had about 17,780 hits in the first year. I set as a goal a doubling of that. I hoped to have 35,500 more by February 24th, 2008. Well as I type this we're at around 52,280 overall, or 34,500 for the year. That's pretty close to the goal. It works out to about 100 per day, although almost nobody visits this site between mid-April and mid-October. I guess I should set another goal for the next 12 months, so I'll set 50,000 new hits. That would be nice growth continuation.

Now, as for game updates, I'll do that later today or tomorrow. Obviously a lot went down last night, from Tennessee's big victory to Kent State throwing their name into the at-large possibility hat. I probably answered some of the larger questions with my BP65 which came out late last night - very late, thanks to the scheduling of the St. Mary's-Kent State game. Honestly, it was too bad that the Memphis/Tennessee game had to happen this weekend, because it drew all of the oxygen away from a very interesting BracketBusters weekend. The original point of BracketBusters was to give the mid-majors a weekend of their own, where they were the main attraction. A lot of great games (especially that Butler/Drake match-up) did not get nearly as much attention as they should have gotten.

Again, I hope to have some more game reviews soon. And there will be, as the past couple of weeks, a new BP65 after Wednesday night's games.

No comments: